Wests Group Macarthur takes pride in designing and delivering community support services to the local Macarthur region and beyond, in a way that enhances family lifestyles. We believe in empowering our community with inclusive social support, education and donations through the adoption of tailored strategies to ensure the needs of individuals, families and sporting groups are met. Wests Group Macarthur aims to identify the needs of the local community and develop actions that aid the strategic direction of the Macarthur Region and its residents.
ClubGRANTS (formally CDSE) is a state wide initiative that recognises the significant financial support for projects and services local Clubs make in contributing to the wellbeing of their communities. The ClubGRANTS round provides the opportunity for local projects to apply for funding from Campbelltown Clubs under the scheme. Campbelltown City Council and Sector Connect are responsible for overseeing the administration of ClubGRANTS in Campbelltown.
The Healthy Kids Foundation
The Healthy Kids Foundation was established on behalf of Wests League Club in 2006 with the aim of encouraging local children to make better choices early on in life. The program assists children from primary school through to high school years in areas of eating habits, physical activities, sporting groups and lifestyle habits.
The Healthy Kids Foundation encourages local kids to engage in weekend sports by offering sponsorship agreements that assist in the costing of such team and individual sports. The Foundations is made up of six key objectives;
- Providing education directly to children suffering from obesity, including information on dietary issues and healthy lifestyle choices,
- Distributing information to schools and canteens to raise local community awareness of obesity in children,
- Encouragement of programs and activities to motivate and enable obese children to lose weight by making healthier food choices and engaging in daily physical activity,
- Aiding and supporting canteens that promote the availability of a variety of low-fat, high-fibre foods,
- Promoting policies in the local community that provide children with obesity with opportunities to engage in sport and other physical activities, including facilitating participation by means of payment of sports accident insurance and first aid for participants and subsidising costs of participation in a range of sports, and
- Endorsing ancillary activities that are consistent with promoting healthy kids in the Macarthur region.
Wests Sports Council
The Wests Sports Council, established in 1999 (with origins back to 1995), is a network of all sporting Clubs and Associations with whom the Wests League Club has established a supportive relationship. The Sports Council is chaired by Club Director and Sports Secretary Martin Bullock, with Executive Assistant to the CEO Karen Hansen acting as Assistant Sports Secretary.
Representatives from each sporting organisation meet on a bi-monthly basis to network, share information and best practice examples, and receive presentations from a variety of relevant Government, sporting and commercial entities, with a purpose of strengthening their own knowledge and operations of their respective organisations.
The Wests Sports Council also provides for an annual award process for local athletes and sporting groups, which recognise achievement, commitment and contribution to local sport. A voting committee for these awards comprises Club members: Anne Fairhall, Tony Norton, Jan Hincks, Colin Rose and Les Welbourn. The Wests Sports Council is a strong example of Wests League Club’s commitment to local sport and to assisting the local community to access affordable and well-administered sporting opportunities.
For more information on the Wests Sports Council please visit Wests The Home of Sport.
Wests Group Macarthur is a proud member of the ClubSafe program; a proactive approach that looks after the interests of members, guests, staff, management and the Board of Directors. The program provides a safety net for those members and staff who have or may develop a gambling problem. ClubSafe is committed to establishing an environment in the Club where gambling is conducted responsibly and in a way that minimises the harm that may result. The ClubSafe program includes
- Free problem gambling counselling service for all patrons
- Brochures and signs promoting responsible gambling
- A comprehensive policies and procedures manual
- Setting of exclusive provisions including self-exclusion (self-banning)
- A “third party” complaints policy & procedure
- Advertising and promotional guidelines to ensure gambling is responsibly promoted
If you think you have a gambling problem, please take one of our ClubSafe brochures located around the Club or call 1800 99 77 66.