- How long have you been a Chef at Country Club Gledswood Hills? Coming on 3 years.
- What is your favourite food to eat? Burgers all day, every day.
- What is your favourite cuisine to cook? Why? I love Asian food, I love those flavours spicy, sweet, sour, salty, stuff like Vietnamese mint and kaffir lime leaves.
- Why did you choose to become a Chef? Love Food, and being able to be creative with different cuisine and flavour pairings to try for unique flavours and textures.
- What do you do to stay educated about new trends? Internet, Facebook, club magazines, talking to fellow chefs.
- Tell me about an accomplishment in your career that you’re most proud of? At one place I got to work alongside, Pete Evans (my kitchen rules) Guy Grossi (MasterChef & my kitchen rules) Luke Mangan for a charity dinner that was a blast and gave good insight to how these chefs think about food.
- What is your philosophy when it comes to food? Fresh Produce Quality ingredients, One of the reasons we have started talking to a few farmers such as Kemps Creek Farm to get Paddock to plate.
- What inspires you? How do you come up with ideas for dishes? When I come across new produce I have not used before getting it in and pairing it up with a protein, Talking to My fellow Chefs.
- Best cooking tip for those wanting to join the industry? Make sure you love to cook, it is a hard industry but if you love it will be easy.
- What do you love most about your job? Seeing customers eat my food, and really enjoy it.
- What is the most exciting thing you’ve worked on in the last year? Working close with the farmer is up there, and also learning the craft of the American BBQ as we are about to start Smoking here.
- What can you expect when visiting Country Cub Gledswood Hills for the first time? Fresh produce, everything made in house, and forever changing special, and a great view.
- What is your signature dish? Stout Brined Pork Cutlet, mash, asparagus, crumbed mushroom, red wine jus.
- What do you eat on your night off? It changes all the time, anything from pasta, BBQ, Pizza, Salads.
- What is your guilty food pleasure? A Good Scotch Fillet.